Your Friendly Local, Nora Silva, 2017
Artquest’s Workweek Prize supports critical, risk-taking projects involved in the Art Licks Weekend. Five galleries and project spaces that took part in the 2017 festival were shortlisted by Artquest for the prize.
The prize was judged by Russell Martin (Artquest), Nick Kaplony (Artquest), and Rosie Stanbury (Acting Head of Public Programmes at the Wellcome Collection). The winner was announced on Sunday 1 October.
The 2017 shortlist was as follows:
- Chalton Gallery, Your Friendly Local: Nora Silva
- Pale Blue Dot Collective at St John's On Bethnal Green Church, Rising: Helen Barff, Louise Beer, David Morgan-Davies, Gen Doy, Ryan Gander, Helen Goodwin, Katie Goodwin, Ellie Harrison, Hayley Harrison, Catriona Leahy, Sujin Lim, Ian Maslen, Simon Read, Ben Rivers, Chris Wainwright
- POST Artists, Two Places at Once: Camilla Brueton, Marco Cali, Jessica Mautner, Natalie Sanders, Helena Wee, Mary Yacoob
- The Old Police Station, The Show Home: James Watts, Sarah White
- Turf Projects, Peaks & Troughs: Saelia Aparicio Torinos.
The winner of the 2017 Workweek Prize was Turf Projects, with Peaks & Troughs. Read more.