The sixth annual Artquest Workweek Prize awarded £1,000 to a critical, risk-taking project that took part in Art Licks Weekend 2018. The shortlisted projects for 2018 were:
- 12ø – jus chatting
- fivehundredthousand gallery – The World Tour
- MilesKm – La Guarida
- Bank Job – HSCB (Hoe Street Central Bank)
Judging took place on the weekend of exhibitions and events, 4-7 October 2018. Helen Nisbet was the 2018 guest Workweek Prize judge.
The winner of the Workweek Prize is the shortlisted candidate who presents, in the judges’ opinion, an exhibition / project that:
- Displays a high level of critical awareness of current artistic practices
- Engages with a broad range of publics, outside of the traditional art world
- Produces work that is risk-taking, innovative and timely, and displays the strong collaborative approach that helps artist-led activity succeed
The 2018 Workweek Prize winner was Bank Job – HSCB (Hoe Street Central Bank).
Read more about the shortlisted projects and previous winners, on the Artquest website.